Scottie Public Affairs is three-year-old, woman-owned communications consulting firm based in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Our team of two is looking to add a third full-time employee. Current and previous clients include issue-advocates, non-profits, small businesses, government agencies and authorities, universities, campaigns, and candidates. Scottie Public Affairs offers a range of strategic communications services, including communications planning, writing, editing, website and social media management, media and public speaking training, and more.
This is a new position, designed to expand services to existing and new clients in two key areas: graphic design (for print and digital); and website development and management. The marketing coordinator/graphic designer will be responsible for interacting with clients, executing graphic design and web projects, writing and editing, creating and pitching new ideas, creating collateral within existing brand guidelines for various clients, and more. Ideally, the marketing coordinator/graphic designer will be comfortable building simple websites, or micro-sites, for clients, in addition to graphic design for digital and print. A motivated person in this position could make it what they want – grow your portfolio, bring in new business with a commission, etc. We are open to your ideas for how to make this a great fit for the right person.
· Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite
· BA or BS in related field (graphic design, marketing, communications, etc.)
· 2-3+ years of work experience
· Familiarity with website content management systems
· Preferable: experience building simple websites (i.e. on platforms such as Squarespace, coding experience not required)
· Team player, comfortable with multiple clients and projects, detail-oriented, desire to help a small-business grow, strives for excellence, open and honest. A good sense of humor helps. Also, read our client list before you apply.
Salary commensurate with experience. Commission rate on new business negotiable. Entrepreneurial freelancers who want to go full-time are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send resume and sample sheet or link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “marketing coordinator/graphic designer” in the subject line. Deadline for applications is January 4, 2019.